Peroxisome Isolation and Purification ServiceOnline Inquiry
Peroxisomes are a class of monolayer membrane organelles that are ubiquitous in various eukaryotic cells and participate in a variety of physiological metabolic activities such as fatty acid beta oxidation and active oxygen metabolism. Isolation and purification of peroxisomes is the basis for studying the functions, formation processes, and metabolic pathways involved in peroxisomes and their role in the pathogenesis of plants, fungi, and mammals.
There are different numbers of peroxisomes in all eukaryotic cells. Morphologically, peroxisomes appear in different sizes and shapes in different tissues and contain different subsets of proteins. Therefore, there is no standard procedure for the isolation of peroxisomes, and the protocol must be adapted to the relevant organization.
Creative Proteomics can customize corresponding protocols according to customer needs, provide you with plant, animal, and fungal peroxisome isolation and purification services to accelerate your research on peroxisomes.
Advantages of Our Peroxisome Isolation and Purification Services:
- Rich experience in peroxisome isolation and purification.
- Obtained pure peroxisome with low impurities.
- Proteins in the inner and outer membrane of peroxisome can be extracted respectively.
- We will conduct purity verification tests to ensure that the isolated protein reaches the target purity, otherwise there is no charge.
We Provide the Following Services, including but not Limited to:
- Single organelle separation and purification in plant, animal and fungal
- Multicellular organelle separation and purification
Methods of Peroxisome Isolation and Purification:
The general steps of peroxisome separation are divided into the following third steps: (1) a mild homogenization of the tissue using a Potter-Elvenheijm homogenizer at low velocities, (2) a series of differential centrifugations leading to a peroxisome-enriched fraction, and (3) a final centrifugation step applying a density gradient.
1. Single organelle - isolation and purification of peroxisomes
- Isolation and purification of peroxidase in animal tissues:
Peroxisomes from the liver and kidney have unique physical properties that allow high purity peroxisome components to be isolated, while peroxisomes of this nature are not available in other tissues.
- Isolation and purification of peroxidase in yeast:
Small-scale isolation of peroxisomes: sucrose, OptiPrep, or OptiPrep/sucrose gradient.
Large-scale isolation of highly purified peroxisomes: Nycodenz gradient.
- Isolation and purification of peroxidase in plants:
Two different types of density gradients (Percoll and sucrose) are available.
2. Isolation and purification of multiple organelles
If you need to separate and extract multiple organelles, we can use organelle fractionation methods to enrich multiple organelles for you.
Experimental protocol, purity analysis report, and purified peroxisome sample.
Want to learn more about peroxisome protein characterization, functional research, dynamic analysis, interaction analysis services? We provide one-stop analysis of peroxisome proteomics.
- Manner A, Islinger M. Isolation of peroxisomes from rat liver and cultured hepatoma cells by density gradient centrifugation//Peroxisomes. Humana Press, New York, NY, 2017: 1-11.
- Cramer J, Effelsberg D, Girzalsky W, et al. Isolation of peroxisomes from yeast. Cold Spring Harbor Protocols, 2015, 2015(9): pdb. top074500.
- Reumann S, Lisik P. Isolation of Arabidopsis leaf peroxisomes and the peroxisomal membrane//Isolation of Plant Organelles and Structures. Humana Press, New York, NY, 2017: 97-112.
* For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.