Chloroplast Isolation and Chloroplast Protein Purification
Photosynthesis of plants is the material basis for the survival and development of almost all organisms. Chloroplasts are important organelles for photosynthesis in green plants. The intact chloroplast can be used to extract chloroplast DNA and RNA for the study of chloroplast molecular biology. It can also be used to further prepare the structural components of chloroplast, such as thylakoids and the inner and outer envelope of chloroplast, or to study the physiological activity and function of chloroplast.
Creative Proteomics provides chloroplast isolation and chloroplast protein extraction and purification services, which can separate intact chloroplasts. In addition, Creative Proteomics can help you extract chloroplast protein. We can separate the inner and outer membranes of chloroplasts, extract proteins from different parts, and accelerate your research on chloroplast envelope protein function and protein interaction.
Advantages of Our Chloroplast Isolation and Chloroplast Protein Extraction and Purification Services:
- Rich experience in chloroplast isolation and purification.
- Obtained pure chloroplast with low impurities.
- Proteins in the inner and outer membrane of chloroplast can be extracted respectively.
- We will conduct purity verification tests to ensure that the isolated protein reaches the target purity, otherwise there is no charge.
We Provide the Following Services, including but not Limited to:
- Single organelle separation and purification
- Multicellular organelle separation and purification
- Chloroplast protein extraction
Methods of Chloroplast Isolation and Chloroplast Protein Extraction and Purification:
1. Single organelle - isolation and purification of chloroplasts
The following difficulties are mainly involved in the separation of intact chloroplasts: (1) cell wall envelope. The force of cell fragmentation should be sufficient to break down cell walls while maintaining chloroplast integrity. (2) the chloroplast would be broken during centrifugation due to the accumulation of starch into dense granules. (3) during the homogenization process, toxic substances stored in vacuoles are released.
Creative Proteomics can solve the above problems by optimizing the tissue homogenization method, optimizing the plant light time, and adding bovine serum albumin (BSA) and thiol compounds to the grinding fluid. By using the optimized three-layer sucrose density gradient centrifugation technique, Creative Proteomics can better separate the fragmented and intact chloroplasts. We increase the centrifugation speed according to the sedimentation speed of different eccentricities to reduce mitochondrial contamination, thereby obtaining more pure intact chloroplasts.
2. Isolation and purification of multiple organelles
If you need to separate and extract multiple organelles, we can use organelle fractionation methods to enrich multiple organelles for you.
3. Chloroplast protein extraction
Chloroplast protein was extracted by TCA/acetone precipitation and phenol extraction.
Experimental protocol, purity analysis report, and purified chloroplast sample.
Want to learn more about chloroplast protein characterization, functional research, dynamic analysis, interaction analysis services? We provide one-stop analysis of chloroplast proteomics.
- Niu L, Yuan H, Gong F, et al. Protein extraction methods shape much of the extracted proteomes. Frontiers in plant science, 2018, 9: 802.
- Niu L, Zhang H, Wu Z, et al. Modified TCA/acetone precipitation of plant proteins for proteomic analysis. PloS one, 2018, 13(12): e0202238.
*For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.